A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
What is a breast lift?A breast lift, also called mastopexy, is surgery to change the shape and appearance of your breasts. During mastopexy, a plastic surgeon can:
- Lift your breast higher on your chest.
- Make your breasts more symmetrical or identical to each other.
- Reduce the size of your areola (darkened area around the nipple) and make it face forward rather than downward.
- Remove extra skin that may have stretched over time.
- Reshape your breast to a more rounded appearance.
- Tighten your breast tissue to better support your nipples and areolas.
- Weight fluctuations